Wednesday 13 June 2007

sanguine in temperament



i said i was going to do it and i did. Swap-bot now is my new obsession. My first swap was for Frida Kahlo ATC's. (Thats Artist Trading Cards). I had a lot of fun doing these , Kahlo is one of my favourite artists. When approaching the idea of the swap, i thought a lot about what her art work means to me. i rememberd the first time i saw a print of one of her paintings when i was 10, and it just blew my mind. At the time i was buying books on Dali, Magritte and Ernst with my pocket money. Although not a surrealist her work impressed on me, a passion and a strength that reviled any of my male artist loves.
Thinking of that, I wanted to concentrate more on Frida the woman and not her work. I took three of my favourite quotes that she said, and one about her art and took it from there. I am not displeased with the way they turned out.




Weekly Unconscious Mutterings:

  1. Acoustic ::
  2. Guitar
  3. Sanity ::
  4. problematic
  5. Mambo ::
  6. tshirt
  7. Session ::
  8. nine
  9. Hound ::
  10. elvis
  11. Cat ::
  12. Harry
  13. Coward ::
  14. Lion
  15. Trunk ::
  16. linen
  17. Hold me ::
  18. closer, tiny dancer. (dejuvu)
  19. Psychological ::
  20. evaluation


XLV

2 comments:

Katarina said...

i adore her!
great work

Amanda Edwards said...

how much fun are ATCs?! these are great. go make some more!