Wednesday 6 June 2007

Paradise Lost




IF Topic: "Your Paradise"

Collage with ink and water colour drawn images, manipulated photos and magazines.

The Meaning of the images in "Paradise Lost"

Bathtub: Anyone who knows me, Knows about my record breaking baths. I could stay in the bath all day if I could. The bath truly is my paradise and my sanctuary. Locked away surrounded by tiles I can hide and I can imagine.

Music Score: I have a soundtrack to my life. I have music playing constantly and songs remind me of places and people in time. The music I used in the collage is "In My Life" by The Beatles. My favourite Beatles song.

Longboat: Vikings and Norse Mythology is a passion of mine. I'm happy when I'm reading and learning about the viking age and the Gods.

Bird Of Paradise: We have had a massive plant of these out the front of our house for as long as I can remember. They always remind me of coming home. Plus, My father, who use to make stained glass windows, made our bathroom mirrors with a Bird of paradise design. The bathroom again!!

Woman: She reminds me of my grandmother. I don't see her as much as I use to, or would like to. She would always be in my paradise. She is such a classy lady.

Angkor Temple: It's not easy to see hidden behind there, but this is a black and white print out of a photo I took overseas. Seeing the Angkor Temples was a dream come true. First time I felt like I was in paradise. That and Luang Prabang, Laos.

Rainbow: Who doesn't smile when they see a rainbow?

Lotus Flower: Again, another reminder of Asia. My father and I were amazed by the sight of rice paddys surrounded by lotus flowers. So much that we both got a tattoo of a lotus.

Harrison the Kitty: That's my little shadow (or a very rough sketch of her anyway). She would come to work with me if she could. She too enjoys a good bath.

Marcel Proust and Quote: One of my favourite quotes from one of my favourite writers. I am an avid reader and in my paradise that would not change. I devour books... regardless of topic. Two of my favourites can also be seen. Lolita and Nineteen eighty-four

Hand: In paradise my nails would always be clean, long and painted a bright red.

Birds and Open Birdcage: Cause I'm as free as a bird now... My favourite song would be every second song played in my paradise. Lynyrd Skynyrd are amazing. The little bird porcelain figure reminds me of being younger and collecting cat figures.

So this is it. My Paradise.

XLV

4 comments:

biteyourowntail said...

I like this very much - great idea, nice style

AndyDoodler said...

Wow- bathing in "paradise" here! Grreat piece!
Quote is basically what I said- but you said it a lot better.

Anonymous said...

Thnx for commenting on my blog: it gave me the opportunity to get to know yours and I'm sure I'll get back to it later! Like it a lot and by the way, it ís one of the best songs of the beatles. (And baths áre so much better than showers)

Willie Baronet said...

Great job. And I think I may rival you for taking longer baths. Trust me on that. :-)

And what do you mean "waiting around for the IF topic?" Me? It's just luck. :-) And of course I'm happy to teach you...